Mahtomedi Area Preschool
Preschool is an exciting time for young learners. Building on what children have learned from their parents as their first teachers, Mahtomedi Area Preschool (MAP) helps prepare them for the world of kindergarten.
MAP takes 3-5 year olds through daily activities that strengthen social-emotional, physical, and cognitive development. The curriculum features exploration and discovery as a way of learning. Math, language, and literacy skills are sharpened in MAP, as is self-regulation. Along the way, children further develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking abilities. Teachers and associates truly get to know each child as they grow together through their MAP experience. We look forward to having your family join our MAP family!
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 8:30 AM.
To view our Early Childhood brochure click HERE. Coming soon!
If you want to register for the current 2022-23 school year, please contact Julie Toppson (651-407-2441) for class openings and registration information.
Mahtomedi Area Preschool (MAP) - School Year 2023-2024
Registration Details: Once you complete the online registration you will be put on a "pending approval status" in the order the registration is received until Early Childhood Programs staff can review it, receive all documentation (including immunization forms), and enough registrations are received to run the class. Your credit card will not be charged for the registration fee until your child is confirmed in the program. No registration will be accepted that have outstanding balances.Once you are approved, you will receive an email confirmation and your credit card will be charged.
- All preschool students who are 4 years old (as of 9/1/23) or older are required to have had an Early Childhood Screening or have an appointment for Early Childhood Screening prior to the approval of any contract. If you have not been screened, you will be sent a link to register for an appointment at one of our upcoming clinics after your registration is complete.
- Current Immunization documentation is required for ALL applications. If you are a current family please send us an updated copy. All required documentation must be sent to email@example.com or fax to 651-407-2038 (attn: Early Childhood). Please complete one of the following:
- Fax or email immunization documentation from your medical provider.
- There is a required immunization form that can be found HERE. Please fill out the form and return to us as a part of your preschool registration. Enter the dates in the form and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax to 651-407-2038 (attn. Julie Toppson)
- The form linked above includes the option for Conscientious Exemption.
Transportation: Transportation to and from school preschool is the family's responsibility. Fee-based transportation is available for 4-5 year olds who live on existing transportation routes AND are registered for Full Day Preschool classes that meet 9:15 AM-3:35 PM
- Transportation forms and payment MUST be submitted to the Early Childhood Office by July 1. Transportation information may be found HERE.
Financial Assistance: Information on financial assistance can be found online HERE.
Fees: Please check out our brochure for our fees and class information HERE.